Coral dont stay still

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angelfish56

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I got this corals that weren't on a rock and they are falling of the rock I want to stick to what can I do about this

Two different mushrooms and 1 zoo that has a very little rock

At my home depot there are two different types of it, and I think the GEL has a green cap on the container.

I would not suggest gluing your corals directly to the rock...if you want different corals or want to move them it will be a pain...i would suggest using putty and attaching a 2-4inch carbon rod (there are many types of carbon rods you can buy that is used in rock structure in saltwater tanks) to the base of the coral (you don't need to use much putty just about the size of a quarter...it will harden like cement, but easy to remove if you need too)...you drill holes in your rock where you would like to place your corals (just make sure the drill bit is only slightly larger than the carbon rod, because you MUST have a snug fit)...this way your corals will fit into your rock like a puzzle piece...this allows the freedom to move your corals around or remove corals...they will be completely secure as long as the holes are a snug fit...

This is what I got for the coral

Attachments

• image-4294513953.jpg
    image-4294513953.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 79
Funny how things work. Been checking this site for a couple of months and was about to ask about what kind of glue to use. Friday, I stopped at the LFS and asked him. He recommended Super Glue Gel so I tried it yesterday. Now today, presto, here you guys are discussing it. LOL.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom