coral id please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason M

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm not sure exactly what the coral on the right is in the first picture. And I'm not sure what the middle one in the second picture is either except it may be a type of montipora

ForumRunner_20120226_145010.jpg

ForumRunner_20120226_145059.jpg

These are just guesses, but here goes. 1st pic Chalice and Scroll , left to right. Second pic top l to r Blastomussa Merletti? Ricordias, and green Acan. Bottom l to r War Coral Favites? No idea, and Acan frag. Nice frags!

I vote a pagoda cup for the top right one and I can't see the second row center too good so I can't even guess. lol

No that's not a pagota cup cuz I already have one on the other side of the tank. The was looking for the I'd on the scroll and that unidentified one in the second pic. It looks like some kind of mont but its a whitish cream color. As far as the scroll I wonder how to will look in a year. I'm going to look it up

Thanks but I can't find any scroll coral pics with the tube like coralites on it. I guess it will have to grow

Hard to tell what middle bottom second pic is, Sunset Monti would be green polyp, orange base. Maybe coloration is off on pc. Anyway about the scroll, I've had one about 8 months and has grown about 1/2 inch outward all around. Grow rate really depends on parameters of water.

View attachment 79232

Yellow Scroll

Yeah, I thought the corallites looked long too, I was thinking Cephastrea, but never seen it in that color. Here's one of mine

When the daylights are one the polyps are green and brown and the actual coral is creamy on the edges and in spots alittle brown mixed in. When the daylights are off it glows green under actinics and leds. It's cool but I just got it cuz my spouse wanted it. She seems to think that the left side of the tank is hers.

Back
Top Bottom