Coral muncher?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMPD109

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I went home this evening and the wife asked what happenned to my mushroom. I went to check and it was gone. It was a small 1in ricordea shroom. It was solidly attached to the rubble I got it on. Checked the tank and did not see it floating. What would have gotten it? Should I worry about other corals?

inverts- nassarius snails, mexican turbo snails, red leg hermits, peppermint shrimp

Hitchers- Urchins, rock crabs of some type, bristleworms, eunacid worms limpits, pistol shrimp

Did it float behind your rocks? I've had ricordia fall off and get trapped behind live rock. They are still back there and doing ok.

I checked but did not see it right off. I was only home from work to pick up something so did not have time to give a good search. It was small but growing great. Hopefully I can find it in back of the tank. I have seen 3 limpits in the past but its been a week or more since the last sighting.

Do you think the rest of my corals are good or should I be concerned?

Check my signature for a complete list

Do you think the rest of my corals are good or should I be concerned?
I would recommend capturing the limpits and bringing them to the LFS or putting them in a sum if you have one. Not worth the risk.

Back
Top Bottom