"Coral", the magazine. Opinions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brisc0

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Has anyone subscribed or seen this magazine yet? I have heard 2nd hand that its pretty good, however I am reluctant to subscribe as one year is only 6 issues for $40.00. Any input on the magazine would be great, I would much rather spend $40.00 on a coral than on 6 issues of a worthless magazine about coral LoL. I know that the people at ecosystem are the publishers which leads to my suspicions about weather its a good resource or a 120 page add for garden soil. Let me know what all of you think about it.

contact your local library and see if you can get a copy through the inter-library loan system. I think it costs like $5

I really enjoy Tropical Fish Hobbiest. The articles are always informative, the pictures quite nice. The only thing you might object to would be it also has freshwater contents as well. That part doesnt bother me as I have both, but if you were looking for strictly saltwater, this would not be the way to go.

TFH is great, but you almost need to be a cichlid junkie to make it worth subscribing to. But the "Salt Solutions" and "Ask the Reefer" columns inside are normally very informative...

I've got the past three issues of Coral magazine and like it alot. Every issue usually covers one big topic and then a few smaller articles, like my first one covers nano reefs, the second seahorses, and the third is about giant clams. The articles are very in depth and informative, yes Ecosystem does advertise in there but what mag doesnt have advertisments?? The next issue is about lion fish, cant wait to get that one. Maybe it will tell me why my lion hasnt eaten in 3 weeks 8O

Thanks,
Rich

Back
Top Bottom