coralife aqualights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are suppose to be a good brand for aquarium lighting
however remember to change its bulbs very 6-9months or you will have some crazy algea problem =)
I belive corallife 's light bulds is very easy to promo algea grow after 9 months

I'm happy with mine too. But I will back up oyf709 about the whole algae problem when the light gets old problem, it happened to me.

BDAWG said:
I'm happy with mine too. But I will back up oyf709 about the whole algae problem when the light gets old problem, it happened to me.

Happened to me as well, a major pain to clear up.

dont change all the lights at the same time. only change half of the bulbs. i.e. if you have the 4x65 aqualightk, then change one 10K and one actinic. if you change all the bulbs at the same time you will have a drastic change in the light output.

i would suggest changing a set early into the use of the lights, i.e. 3 months. and then at the 9 month mark change the other set. then you can use a 6 month rotation on replacing the lights... remember to keep track of the ones you replaced! i havent done this yet, but i was thinking to write the "in-service" date on the base of the bulbs (the white plastic piece at the base of the lights). probably use a sharpie marker or something similar.

~mike

i tend to think so.. they arent overly expensive, and they seem to work great.

i have two on my cichlid tanks 2x65w 24" with 50/50 and one on my 29 gal tank 2x65w 30" total for all three strips was about 220... which isn't bad at all, thats including a moonlight for the sw tank

i mean of course there are always better lights, but these aren't the walmart specials -- so of course you made a great buy

i think coralife is a good brand as well and agree wioth lando that there support is good as well....had my ballast go on me and they sent me a new one out right away. This is the only brand I have every used, so I dont have anything to compare it against, but i definitly would buy there products again

Back
Top Bottom