Coralife Mini T-5 Aqualight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ocean

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Looking at all the lighting options is driving me nuts since I know nothing about them! Lol what I want is lighting for a ten gal SW so I can keep a few corals, leather, candycane, ect. Foster and Smith has a mini t-5 aqualight, 6w t-5 10000 K daylight and 6w t-5 420/460nm actinic for $54.99 is there a better option around this price range? Hate to be cheap but will soon need to upgrade lights on my 20 gal. Long SW.

Well if you wanna b cheap you can get this fixture:

aquatraders.com/20-inch-4x18W-T5-Aquarium-Light-Fixture-p/52302.htm

Its not the highest quality but if u just need something to last you about half a year until u can get some money it'll get the job done. I've seen it on a couple tanks and its not bad

Nova Extreme T5 High Output X2 Lighting Fixtures > Freshwater > 24"

2F/2Bulbs fixtures

I'll be the first person to tell you to not get an Odyssea fixture, and the first to recommend fishneedit.com when it's possible.

Both fixtures listed above are about the same price and much more powerful than the one you posted, there are a bit longer than a standard 10G but once on the tank you can barely notice the overhang. 2-bulbs also will give you a great range of corals to keep from softies/polyps to LPS and even some SPS

For the 20G long standard ones are 30" in length I believe and I'm not sure on other brands but I do know fishneedit.com sells a 2-bulb and a 4-bulbs fixture in that length. Same applies, 2-bulb will be great and a 4-bulb even stronger.

Once the bulbs go out look into getting either ATI, KZ, UVL, or Giesemann T5 bulbs, they are a bit pricier but they are the best on the market in terms of PAR and life

iDream said:
Nova Extreme T5 High Output X2 Lighting Fixtures > Freshwater > 24"

2F/2Bulbs fixtures

I'll be the first person to tell you to not get an Odyssea fixture, and the first to recommend fishneedit.com when it's possible.

Both fixtures listed above are about the same price and much more powerful than the one you posted, there are a bit longer than a standard 10G but once on the tank you can barely notice the overhang. 2-bulbs also will give you a great range of corals to keep from softies/polyps to LPS and even some SPS

For the 20G long standard ones are 30" in length I believe and I'm not sure on other brands but I do know fishneedit.com sells a 2-bulb and a 4-bulbs fixture in that length. Same applies, 2-bulb will be great and a 4-bulb even stronger.

Once the bulbs go out look into getting either ATI, KZ, UVL, or Giesemann T5 bulbs, they are a bit pricier but they are the best on the market in terms of PAR and life

Thanks for the info!!! Will get out the shovel and dig up some of that moldy money I buried!! Lol Will trust your judgement and order the lights for both tanks!!

I do like Big Al's, have ordered stuff from them in the past and was very happy. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom