Coraline Algae dieing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Crabs

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Recently added Chema Pure Elite and Purigen to my nano. Am now losing my beautiful Coraline to bleaching. Anyone else ever experience this after adding these filtering agents? I know they're not supposed to leach out the calcium in the water. But what they say and what actually happens could b totally different. I know I'll probably have to test calcium level, but never needed to before:banghead:

I run both those medias in my cube and havent seen any die off of my coralline. I also run chemipure in my 125g and the coralline is still growing at an astounding rate.

Have you added anything else recently like corals or anything?

Mine was growing like crazy until I went from a two lamp T5HO to a 6 lamp T5HO. I didn't put the two together until Mr_X mentioned that high light levels will sometimes cause die off. Have you changed you lighting at all?

Thanks for the responses. I haven't changed lighting. Just added the media. I'll stay with it for now and hope the Coraline rebounds. But I will test the calcium. Thanks again

More money for more testing but I need to check it

More money for more testing but I need to check it

I waited on buying a mag test kit. My corals were doing ok but not stellar. When I bought the kit, I found my mag was border line low so I dosed just a bit in two increments. Since that time (2 weeks ago) my corals have taken off like crazy and look so much better. Well worth the money for the test kit in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom