Corals and plants can be a good tank mates!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zeroblake

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello reefers!!

I 'll like to ask to all of you about salt water plants and Corals, i'm interesting to find the possibility to add some plants to my aquarium , but i don't know much about salt water plants and also i don't know if that could be good to add them to the main aquarium, i want to try to create a really natural environment to my fishes, i've been searching online some aquariums with plants and corals but there is not much about it. The only info than i could get was the plants are more better in a refugium than the main aquarium,

But if i could add some plants to my mail aquarium i will like to know which are better to keep in the main aquariums, and also the requirements to keep them healthy and always green!!

Thanks reefers!!

Marine plants are a lot more difficult to come up with; I've seen some cases of people using things like Eel grass with success in marine tanks, but not in a reef system. Algae on the other hand is pretty readily acceptable, but since most types grow extensively many are not suited to inclusion in a reef aquarium. Some grow slower, but compete with the corals for the resources they need. Some people do a algae refugium above their main tank, incorporating differenty types and colors of algae.

Back
Top Bottom