cories avoiding sand??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joywan2001

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I had pebble like gravel in my aquarium and changed to white sand two days ago because everyone tells me cories looove sand. I only covered the tank to experiment which the fish prefer. I have washed the sand thoroughly too.. however, my cories spend all their time on the pebble side?? its so weird!! not to mention frustrating since I bought it just for them:( even when I put their sinking pellets there, they swim above it to get it and sometimes even swim up for the floating fishfood instead!! should I remove the sand?? I thought they were just not used to it but its been two days already;((

Could they be nervous about being "exposed". Pretty hard to hide sitting on a bed of white sand. Is there some sort of plant or ornament you could sit on it for a bit of cover to see if the coaxes them over?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Could they be nervous about being "exposed". Pretty hard to hide sitting on a bed of white sand. Is there some sort of plant or ornament you could sit on it for a bit of cover to see if the coaxes them over?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
will try tomorrow and see if it helps!! thank you:)

Back
Top Bottom