Corydora help URGENT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Two pics, same fish.

I cant find nothing out there even in 50+ years of written text.

15n2es3.jpg

259x5dj.jpg

im still searching but please do chime in with any and all close guesstimates.

I am already banking its multiple issues not just a single one on this old timer.

Fish is about 6 years old and petsmart stock.

all other fish are fine, NOTHING shows any other signs, already did a 75% pwc on the tank this morning, the other fish loved it but I did inspect every other fish individually and see absolutely nothing on them to give me any sign of issues.
Thanks in advance.

Looks like dropsy to me. Google dropsy in fish, theres tons of pics look just like your cory. Dropsy is a bacterial infection of the kidneys....antibiotics are needed. From my research this may or may not be contagious.

I could be wrong but dropsy was my first instinct....let's see what others say :( sorry about your cory....hope he pulls through!

I see the dropsy and usually by the time I can see it its way too late even with the expensive meds from arizona.
Popeye is a symptom of kidney/liver issues which if not caught soon enough never really recover correctly.

My main concern is those pockets of fluid hanging off the fish, there was NOTHING last night (treating for dropsy in QT and contempleting using de-los) as I am starting to find copepods might be the issue as far as the clear sacs go.

Thanks again, Im looking at every angle here so I appreciate the help. One mind isnt as good as hundreds IMO.

Oh...im on my phone and didn't even notice that at first...:( well good luck, I agree.....hundreds of ideas are better than 1 or 2...take care

yup, if it dies it dies, I have 3 dozen more but these were my first corydoras when I first set up the tank that started the addiction again in 2007. My wife got em from a friend at petsmart from his own breeder cories at home.

I have never heard of gas bubble disease.......everything is coming back to human intestines on my search lol. Guess these people shouldnt sit on super glue LOL

Back
Top Bottom