Couple yo yo loache ???'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kmny34

Aquarium Advice FINatic
1. Can I keep a yoyo loach solo in a 30 gallon?

2. Can I keep a yoyo loach with Cory cats?? (Panda cories to be specific)

By solo I mean instead of groups?? I have other fish in the tank. Cories, rasboras, an angelfish, mollies, platys, and a bn pleco is what would be kept with the loach!

They really should be kept in groups of 5 or more. They can be quite feisty little buggers. I would not recommend them for your tank. There is a chance they could cause serious problems.

Yep, Yoyo s in groups ..... And they are very busy so they really disrupt Cories, etc.

I have 4 with 3 forming a group and the other bit of a loner. They are at 4 inches long now after a year or so.

A single yo-yo can be a terror! Like most loaches they just do so much better in groups.

I got 2 of them recently and had to return them because they started killing my smaller fish such as White Cloud Mountain minnows, neon tetras, and a beta. All disappeared. Mysterious disappearances stopped when I returned them.
I would definitely not put them with corys because they would hog all the food before the corys could get any.
I think they would be better suited for semi-aggressive tanks with more robust fish like larger cichlids or barbs.

That's why I set up a 3rd tank, just to put my Angels & Yoyo s in cuz they were disturbing the community!
Now my two 'female' Koi Angels are breeding & layed eggs so now I read they need to be alone in a tank. This never ends, does it?

Back
Top Bottom