cowry snail feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
When I got my snail and my banded coral shrimp from the lfs, I asked if they needed any special food, and the guy sad "naw, they will find stuff on the rocks to eat) Well, there is not all that much algae, and I discovered that the shrimp LOVES these pellets I drop in for him. So what about the snail? I don't want him to starve. Should I be giving him anything special?

no, the snail should be fine, I sometimes add in something extra. Life for instance i had snails in my tank before I had fish... so I would add in shrimp pieces all the time.

I've read they like some meaty foods but mine never showed any interest in it. I never seen it do anything but graze. You could try some nori if you have it.

They may eat some Nori as fluff said. I have found that hermits usually beat them to it though.... :lol: Otherwise im sure just grazing will be plenty for the snail. HTH

Ok, thanks. I will just let him be for the time being then. If I do get some nori, can I just use the stuff you get at the grocery store? I think the brand is Sun Luck, not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom