Crab ate my Blenny?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

n.smith360

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently downgraded my 200l tank to a smaller one, only taking 2 clowns, 2 fire shrimp, one turbo snail and about 10 small crabs.
What I didn't know was the I had a larger crab that must have been in my old tank for years attached to some live rock. Somehow he managed to hitch hike into my new tank.
I purchased a blenny to accompany the clowns about a month ago. A few days ago he went missing... I have just done a water chance and knocked a rock over, the large crab in the pictures came running out with what looked like a little piece of blenny skin on him. Is it possible he ate him as it's no where in the tank? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414952496.322053.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414952517.523880.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hard to see the crab, but crabs in general are opportunists. It is much more likely that he cleaned up the corpse. A crab like that wouldn't be able to nab a healthy fish, more likely stressed or sick.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1415239440.973530.jpglooks like a teddy bear crab, or one of those hairy crabs. They are definitely a pest

Thanks, I'll definitely get rid next time I visit my LSF.

Back
Top Bottom