Crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kalamatas

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi!!! i finally put my crayfish in my main aquarium...no aggresion till now and im very happy about that. i have some questions...if someone could answer it would be very helpful...1) i have made a hidding spot for my crayfish which is really cool! but why isnt he hidding in there??? :p is there any way to make this spot ''his'' spot?? 2) how am i going to feed him?? while he was in the small tank it was easy but now?? if i put his food in there i think it wont last for long...3) when my crayfish molts (hasnt molted yet) should i put him somewhere else to be more safe?? thats all :D

Don't touch him when he is molting, he will probably go to his "spot" when he is molting, as crayfish are very vulnerable during molting, and when he is molting, don't touch him as you could stress him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

And I would target feed him, using feeding tongs or a pipette

thanks for your answers...can you explain me tha way of feeding with these things? and second..i see some youtube videos where the crayfish is all the time in his spot and not hanging around all the time like mine.... will my cray eventually be like that or its on the crays character??

How long has it been in the new tank? It may still be figuring things out.
Target feeding means that you use something to put the food directly in front of the crayfish so that it gets a guaranteed first crack at it.

How long has it been in the new tank? It may still be figuring things out.
Target feeding means that you use something to put the food directly in front of the crayfish so that it gets a guaranteed first crack at it.

3 days...he is trying to figure things out but this thing is destroying my tank :p a lot of plants where cut today that i woke up....nevermind they are growing up quickly....i hope however he founds his home before he destroys everything...he keeps digging a hole and sitting in there :p

Yeah... it'll likely continue to destroy/eat your plants.
it is not eating them it is cleaning the place where it digs its hole! he only cut the plants that grow there....i hope he stops when he creates its place or it will be moved out...

should have went dwarf orange cray
yes i know, crayfish has destroyed half plants of my tank in les than 2 daysand he keeps destroying...he is going back to his species tank...it was a failed attemp to put him in a planted tank...live to learn :)

yes i know, crayfish has destroyed half plants of my tank in les than 2 daysand he keeps destroying...he is going back to his species tank...it was a failed attemp to put him in a planted tank...live to learn :)

I've always tried the research and learn approach. Much easier and not as expensive.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!

I've always tried the research and learn approach. Much easier and not as expensive.

Sent from my iPhone that doesn't like me. Or you !!
yes research is good but sometimes, people are recycling an opinion without knowing stuff....if possible better do something by yourself, is the best way to learn something, especially if your fish life is not threatened by what you do...a lot of fish have their own characters and sometimes ''rules'' dont apply to them...

Back
Top Bottom