Credit Cards

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aces11

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have green spot algae and I am finding out that it takes a lot of elbow grease to remove it. I keep reading that credit cards get it off easily. Will they scratch the tank? Also does it have to be a credit card or can I use an old school id or something?

It doesn't have to be a credit card. A student ID will work- I used mine for years. LOL.

A razor blade is easier to use for scraping and won't scratch the tank if you are careful. Just go slow. :)

severum mama said:
It doesn't have to be a credit card. A student ID will work- I used mine for years. LOL.

A razor blade is easier to use for scraping and won't scratch the tank if you are careful. Just go slow. :)

Toilet brushes work well too... and with a long handle, don't require you getting your hands wet. Not that any of us are afraid of water or anything, just a convenience if you're eating dinner and have OCD requiring you to get up, brush the tank, then finish dinner.

I am glad you didnt scratch your tank. You didnt specify whether it was an acrylic tank or glass tank. some things will scratch acrylic tanks but not glass.

I just tried the credit card and it really works great. I used to use the stiff sponge to scurb but a credit card card works better!

FishEggs said:
I am glad you didnt scratch your tank. You didnt specify whether it was an acrylic tank or glass tank. some things will scratch acrylic tanks but not glass.

I'm not really sure whether it's glass or acrylic but I didn't see any visible scratches.

Toilet brushes work well too... and with a long handle, don't require you getting your hands wet. Not that any of us are afraid of water or anything, just a convenience if you're eating dinner and have OCD requiring you to get up, brush the tank, then finish dinner.

I thought I was the only person who had this problem.

But hmmm, toilet brush, interesting idea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom