Crypt Parva question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stacey W.

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Purchased this beautiful Crypt Parva yesterday. Is this a hybrid because it's tall? Longest leaves gotta be at least 8" tall.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1439855574480.jpg
    1439855574480.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 61
Yes, that is large for Crypt parva. Most likely it was grow emersed and shipped that way. While it transitions to its submerged form it will lose leaves as it grows new ones. The leaves should come in much smaller.
I believe crypts and other plants are grown above the water line because it is more economical and they ship easier. IMO less likely to melt.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes, that is large for Crypt parva. Most likely it was grow emersed and shipped that way. While it transitions to its submerged form it will lose leaves as it grows new ones. The leaves should come in much smaller.
I believe crypts and other plants are grown above the water line because it is more economical and they ship easier. IMO less likely to melt.

Cool because less melt is good in anyone's opinion!

Also I didn't split it even though it's so thick because the roots were all very healthy and didn't want to make the plant gods angry. So I buried a root tab right below it and planted it.

I would leave it alone. Crypts are slow growers. In time it should send out runners.

I would leave it alone. Crypts are slow growers. In time it should send out runners.

+1 I have one and even after a month it hasn't changed much. Slowest.Crypt.Ever. :)

Caleb

Love this plant! I've done plenty of research on it and I've got the patience. I work work with perpetual toddlers on a daily basis. Dogs and cats:) I also keep 1 or two such as Ralphie and Mckenzie.

Attachments

• 1439864068896.jpg
    1439864068896.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 51
  • 1439864110469.jpg
    1439864110469.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 50
Back
Top Bottom