Cuban Ludwigia - Anyone have any tips?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Subaru4wd

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just picked a couple of these up yesterday from my LFS. So far the only plants I have are Anubias, they are pretty easy and I haven't had to do much to worry about them. However, I want to make sure my new Ludwigia survives, and thrives.
I did some research online and looks like they are pretty hardy, my only concern is my substrate. I am using a 3/8" crushed rock mix that is pretty loose. I am not sure what, if any, nutrients are in it?

IMG_3288.JPG

The tank water is 2 days old, and its tap water thats been treated. There are no fish in the tank yet, but this will begin my cycle. Hopefully here in a few weeks I can introduce some fish, but there's still alittle work left to be done on the tank (aeration & heat).

One last thing. While removing one of my plants from the bag, it broke about 3" from the bottom of the stump. I took the top, that's about 7" and planted it in the substrate in hopes that it will re-root. Is there anything I can do to help the plant root? or can i expect the top & the stump to just wither away & die??

Back
Top Bottom