Current Satellite LED Plus thoughts or reviews

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arenaranger

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any thoughts or opinions on this light? I am thinking about purchasing this light on amazon shortly in the 48"-60" size. It would be for a standard size 90 Gallon tank. Currently I am using a double tube 36" fixture. The Bulbs that are in the double are stamped All Glass Aquarium but I have no idea what color they are. They are at least 4 years old at the minimum. Is there any way to determine what "K" they are.​
What would I expect in my 90 for lighting if I was to switchover to the current LED? I realize that the 36" tubes are considered ancient by aquarium standards but I like the light they produce and I do not have an algae problem.​
Thanks for any help.​

I have one on a 20 Long. Id say that the lighting is "ok"... enough for plants with low to moderate light needs. I thought the remote was a cool idea when I first bought it, but now it just sits there collecting dust.

I was looking at that one but decided on the finnex planted + on amazon. Not much more money and a brighter light. I would think in the satellite + u would want two of them on a 90 for medium light or look into finnex planted + or the ray 2. The par levels on the satellite + are pretty low IMO

I have the 48"-60" Satellite+ on my 60 gallon and I absolutely love it. You can pretty much make any color you want, plus it has all the different simulations. I keep my remote near the couch so if I want to change a setting or turn the light off, I just push the button on the remote. I also don't have any live plants...so I don't need anything high powered; just needed something that looks nice!

It also depends on what type of plants you have or want to have.

I have the 48 SAT on a 55 and it has been a fine light for Hornwort, Java Fern and even a sword. I like the moonlight feature at night but generally run the full spectrum six hours a day. Love the remote, and might get the single ramp timer next.

I ordered my light this afternoon but am shipping it to a friend in Ohio. Won't get it for another month or so.......that sucks.

SO MUCH CHEAPER than buying it in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom