Custom 194g saltie turned freshwater, planted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The baby tetra is doing great, it gets in with everyone at feeding time now and hides a lot less. I am planning to rearrange everything so the tank is planted short to tall going left to right vs front to back.

I just had surgery and was trying to figure out how to get the CO2 they pumped in me into the tank, lol.

Moving the light down let me decrease the intensity quite a bit. I'm at 40%max now and no blues during the day. I still have diatoms, other than that everything is going well. I made more root tabs that I will plant after moving the plants around. It may be a few weeks until I'm feeling up to it.

Glad to hear your feeling better.
I'm not a big Angel fan, but your platinum could change that. Very nice.

Glad to hear your feeling better.
I'm not a big Angel fan, but your platinum could change that. Very nice.

Thanks!

Guess what.... There is another diamond baby! I forgot how small the first one was, it is about 3x the size of the new baby. The older one has started to sparkle.

Thanks!

Guess what.... There is another diamond baby! I forgot how small the first one was, it is about 3x the size of the new baby. The older one has started to sparkle.

Glad to hear that there is another and that your other one is starting to sparkle! That is fantastic news!

Little update as I sit enjoying my tank!

Here is one of my angels, it begs me for food when it sees me. It and the platinum do not hang out at all so I'm assuming they are the same sex.

ForumRunner_20130907_201956.jpg

Only an aquarium owner would say...glad summer is coming to an end so I can spend more time on the tank. It has a brown hair algae thing going on and had greenish water. I put barley in the sump to see what it would do and the water cleared up in a week!

So a long over due update on the tank. I had an algae bloom and added a 36W UV sterilizer. Afterhaving it run for 2 weeks I have almost clear water. I had multiple fish die during the bloom, which leads me to believe their was a bacterial bloom as well. I tried water changes and the algae seemed worse each time. Oh the joys of the aquarium. At any rate, everyone left seem happy and the plants are still growing. The sterilizer is a beast.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom