custom 40gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tswannie21

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! I am working on a new custom project. I am making my own stand, aquarium, and sump!
I have a 30 gallon reef right now that id like to upgrade and it all started with the stand, and sump but decided.myswell go big haha.
For my sump I am looking at a 20gallon long that I eill re purpose. Skimmer in first chamber, fuge in second and return in last chamber. I will have a sock filter in place as well. My only problem is calculating my sump size needed for this. Rather have over kill than not enough because it can't definitely be toned down if needed.
I am a carpenter by trade and have some good ideas for the stand in the works. Pics will follow as I start the project. And the acrylic is not as easy. Finding a decent priced manufacturer around here is proving to be difficult. But some glass shops around here may be able to help.

Sorry for the bad quality but I am using my phone (while at work, hehe) so isn't the easiest to type. Any tips or advice is greatly appreciated. Just.putting it on here for basic conversation too on what you did on your projects. This is my first real post (besides my new member thread) so hope to hear from some people!

Sounds complicated. Let us know how it turns out.

Back
Top Bottom