Custom Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyb

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey everyone I'm new to this site and I have a couple questions. Im planning on building a tank that is 60in long by 36in wide by 60in tall. Its about 500 gallons worth of tank. Im going to set it on a custom 7in stand I built out of a quebracho (hardest wood on the planet) this will act as a stand and a frame. How thick is the glass going to need to be. Is there a really clear glass I would be able to get. I really would like to build this tank myself and if possible use glass over acrylic. It's become a pride thing and something I want to be proud of. My son loves fish and I figured a 500+ gallon tank would be one my son and myself could admire. I planned on using a sand substrate, and have a bunch of brightly colored fish. Not sure yet I currently have a 55 gallon tank and I am putting that one in my bedroom. I have done lots of research on the filitration and I have an idea of how to keep the water oxygenated. I would appreciate any help and ideas on the glass thickness.

I believe The Wet Spot here in Portland has a 500 gallon tank. With a phone call they might tell you how thick the glass is on it.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom