Cyano?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Feelin_Salty

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'm not real sure what this stuff is, but from a few similar pics on this website, I'm guessin....maybe cyano...what is that, and how do i get rid of it?

Attachments

• cimg1277_176.jpg
    cimg1277_176.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 22
  • cimg1281_173.jpg
    cimg1281_173.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 26
Your tank looks new so i am going to say it looks like a diatom bloom which is normal if your cycling the tank. If it is diatoms they will die out on their own.

I agree, that looks like normal brown diatom alage which happens at the beginning of your cycle. If that's what it is, it will disappear within a few weeks.

Cyano is slimy, and is often red or green. You'll notice it begin to trap bubbles, at least it did in my aquarium. If you disturb diatoms, often they will seem to vaporize into the water. Cyano will come off in slimy clumps.

Paul

I think you're all right, I dont think it's cyano...it's not very sticky/slimmy. It's more "dusty". I tried to turkey baster most of it out, cause it's just ugly, but I'm not too worried about it...I guess if it gets real bad, then I'll be worried

Back
Top Bottom