Cycle Complete ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brendan1495

Aquarium Advice Regular
Had tank running for about 1 week and a half, my ammonia, nitrite are at 0 my nitrates are rising and my PH is dropped to 7.4 is it time for the part water change my tank was set up using live rock from a 2 year established tank and around 1 kg of live sand.

Any help appreciated

Brendan

Yea, If the rock wasn't exposed to air for long you are probably cycled. Add a small source of food and monitor your levels every couple hours after to make sure its getting processed right. If it is all converted to nitrate, then your cycle is done and you are ready to do a large PWC to fix the levels.

The rock was only out of the water for 25 mins, been adding a bit of flake for the last few days as aquired 4 hermit crabs with the rock and everything seems ok but the nitrates are going up and the PH is going down how much of a water change should I do the tank is a nano 25 gallon

With no fish in your tank you can go up to 50% water change with no problems. Most do a 20-30% change to bring down the Nitrates and bring up the PH. Do not add any additives at this time!!!

Thanks everybody for the help will do water change tommorow

Cheers

Brendan

I would hold on for another week or so. I would also carry your water to your LFS or to another source to get a double check to make sure your`s is on the level.

Back
Top Bottom