Cycle liquid

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

senorkevin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am using nutrafin cycle to...cycle the tank (with fish).
I added the liquid yesterday and it had been 24hrs so I need to add more liquid to the tank. Should I do a water change before adding the liquid? Should I post a reading of my water levels?
Many thanks.

You prolly don't gave too. I waited 24 hrs too, but I used "Jungle Start Zyme" which is also a cycling liquid. The liquid you're using should have stabilized the tank within those 24 hrs. So yeah a water change isn't necessary. Once you've added the fish you may put more of that liquid into the tank... Hope this helps :)

I strongly suggest testing your water daily. Bottled bacteria 'additives' are hit or miss at best and with a fish-in cycle, you need to be diligent on daily testing and water changes as needed to keep toxin levels under control. Ammonia and nitrite levels should be kept at or below .25ppm in order to ensure the well being of your fish during the cycling process. Please read the article below as well and ask any questions!

I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?! - Aquarium Advice

Please DO NOT use Nutrafin cycle. I did plenty of reading and reading reviews on Amazon, this stuff simply doesn't work how you want it to. I used it for my first tank and ended up with dead fish after I stopped using it. The reason is because there are 2 types of beneficial bacteria. The scientific names are drawing a blank on me, but one kind is naturally forming, free in the air we breathe. The other form is the kind found in Nutrafin Cycle. While the beneficial bacteria in the bottle will work, per say, you will need to use it every water change, every new fish, every week, all the time. You can't stop using it, or your fish will die because you aren't adding more bacteria. In order to maintain a healthy tank, all you need is weekly water changes with a good dechlorinator (Seachem Prime). Read up on fish less cycling.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom