Cycle question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

D_Tristan22

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'll be getting a bigger tank, so of course I'll need a bigger filter.
The tank I have has a cycled filter, but how can I cycle the new tank?
Can I put the cycled filter into the new tank to help or should I put the bigger filter in the cycled tank first?

Tank Seeding

Hello D...

You can safely remove half the filter media from the cycled, smaller tank and put that into the filter of the larger one. Add just a few fish to the larger tank and monitor its water chemistry.

Replace the filter media and the bacteria in the smaller tank will replace what was removed in a day or two, with no problems.

B

Hello D...

You can safely remove half the filter media from the cycled, smaller tank and put that into the filter of the larger one. Add just a few fish to the larger tank and monitor its water chemistry.

Replace the filter media and the bacteria in the smaller tank will replace what was removed in a day or two, with no problems.

B

Okay. Thank you:)

I have another good idea for you,buy the filter first and put together with the old tank and filter let it run for 2 to 3 weeks I'll guarantee that you have another cycle filter to use on the new tank.

I have another good idea for you,buy the filter first and put together with the old tank and filter let it run for 2 to 3 weeks I'll guarantee that you have another cycle filter to use on the new tank.

If I try it that way would it mess up anything with my regular cycling?

Back
Top Bottom