Cycle Stuck! Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reno

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have been cycling now for 3 weeks and this is my second go round because it bombed the first time. Today my readings are
pH - 8
Nitrite - 1 ppm
Ammonia - .25 ppm
Nitrate - 80 ppm
GH -60 ppm
KH - 120 ppm
It’s been getting frustrating and the kids are driving me crazy because being home from school they want fish in tank. Please help me get it finished somehow?

Correct. I checked today and it looks like things finally made a turn because I am 0 on Nitrite and Ammonia so What’s my next move can fish fo in?

Not sure how high you were dosing ammonia or tank size but sounds like you could grab some of your stocking and into tank. I wouldn’t get a lot or all you planned as I’m guessing tank might still be unstable / just done cycling.

The best way to check is to dose ammonia (If you can dose 2ppm that is best), and if in 24 hrs , ammonia and nitrite are 0 you can slowly start adding fish, and during the week to test the water. If you’re cycling with fish food, it is hard to know how fast it is rotting/ammonia being produced, and so if you headed that route I would suggest no more than a couple fish, depending on the fish and tank size.

Before you get fish, try to do some water changes to get nitrates below 40, preferably under 20.

You’ll have fish in there in no time, don’t worry.

Back
Top Bottom