Cycled? or What?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KantGetRite

Aquarium Advice Freak
So my aquarium hasn't had ammonia in it for about a week but the nitrite were .50 or so and the nitrates were 5.0. Today I just took my readings and this is what they are:

pH: 7.6
Ammonia: 0ppm
Nitrite:0ppm
Nitrate: 0 ppm

Is my tanked cycled? or did I do something that reset the cycle all over? The reason I ask is because there are no Nitrates

Tank info: 15g column tank....I did a fishin cycle with 1 neon tetra and 3 platys

As long as you have zero ammonia and nitrite steadily, you should be cycled. A bit odd to test at zero nitrates but I would write this off to a testing error. Make sure you really shake and bang those nitrate bottles for a minute before testing then shake the tube well before adding bottle 2. :)

It's is weird that your trates would just dissapear, do you have any live plants that might have ate it up? If not maybe retest to make sure it was a test error. But it you are consistently at 0 ammo and trites like mentioned above you are cycled. You could always just wait a couple more days and keep testing.to

It's is weird that your trates would just dissapear, do you have any live plants that might have ate it up? If not maybe retest to make sure it was a test error. But it you are consistently at 0 ammo and trites like mentioned above you are cycled. You could always just wait a couple more days and keep testing.to

Definitely. Good advice! (y)

Definitely. Good advice! (y)

Thanks its been a while since I've been on here but I don't really have an excuse I have my iPod, android and computer.
But personally I would wanna make sure your cycled before you get any more fish

Thanks its been a while since I've been on here but I don't really have an excuse I have my iPod, android and computer.
But personally I would wanna make sure your cycled before you get any more fish

Yeah, I haven't seen you on here before, and at first I thought you were new, but I saw you had almost 1500 posts!

I should've known by the discus in your profile picture. Is that yours? It's awesome! :D

Thanks and ya thats Seth! As in Seth Rogan lol. I don't have my discus posted on here really other then a thread I have.

Ya I had some troubles at first. I don't understand how I didnt have enough bb to stop the cycle. I took everything from the tanks already set up and put the same stock in. But to get back on topic. Did you test your water?

I've continued to test the water and nothing for any ammonia, nitrates, or nitrites. I added more fish so I would have thought that things would have changed but nothing. On another post I was advised to shake the nitrate a lot so I did and still nothing. The fish seem super healthy though and very lively.

Back
Top Bottom