cycling a Quarantine Tank??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rather than going through all that, just get an extra sponge filter. When you put one into the QT, put the spare in the main tank. When you are done with the QT sponge, let it dry out and then repeat the process as needed.

RussellC said:
Clearly a better solution! :)

That said, for those of us whose secondary filters don't accept media (mine has it kinda built-in), moving the QT / hospital filter may be worth at least considering.

Lol indeed. So i guess I know what I'm doing now, now just to figure out what size tank to get and where to put it lol **** apartment and 180G is limiting my space big time lol

Lol indeed. So i guess I know what I'm doing now, now just to figure out what size tank to get and where to put it lol **** apartment and 180G is limiting my space big time lol

Though keeping with the theme of my earlier suggestion, you could disinfect the QT media before putting it back in one of your main tank's canisters and lessen the risk of disease transfer that way. :)

RussellC said:
Though keeping with the theme of my earlier suggestion, you could disinfect the QT media before putting it back in one of your main tank's canisters and lessen the risk of disease transfer that way. :)

This is true, but i think it'd be a bit messy with opening up a fx5 filter every time I need media lol water goes everywhere if not careful lol

Does it really matter what kind of filter you have on a QT?

Okay just went to Petco, was gonna purchase a 40G breeder but they were all sold out givin the $1 per gallon sale ends in like 2 days.... but i purchased a 29G instead :) so back to my recent question.. Does it matter how big of a filter you have on a QT?

Back
Top Bottom