Cycling with Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CoeurSauvage

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am currently cycling my 10 gallon tank and I discovered ich on a couple of my fish. I started using API super ich cure and have raised the temperature from 76 to 84. Here are my water parameters-

PH. 7.5
Ammonia. .25 ppm
Nitrite. .25 ppm
NitrAte. 10 ppm

Can I still due water changes while treating for ich. If so, how much and how often?

Thanks!

For the meds to be effective you'll need to follow the directions as best you can on the bottle. (If it's the liquid, powder is different) I believe it's a dose then wait a certain period of time, re-dose and wait again then change water and add carbon back in.

Fish In Tank Cycling

I am currently cycling my 10 gallon tank and I discovered ich on a couple of my fish. I started using API super ich cure and have raised the temperature from 76 to 84. Here are my water parameters-

PH. 7.5
Ammonia. .25 ppm
Nitrite. .25 ppm
NitrAte. 10 ppm

Can I still due water changes while treating for ich. If so, how much and how often?

Thanks!

Hello Coe...

If you want to continue the nitrogen cycle, then test the tank water daily for traces of ammonia and nitrite. If the test is positive, then remove 25 percent of the tank water and replace it with pure, treated tap water. Just test every day and remove the water when needed. When several daily tests show no traces of either of the above toxins, the tank is cycled.

Stressed fish will do better with a bit of standard aquarium salt added to the new water. A couple of teaspoons for every 5 gallons of tank water will do. This amount will help the fish resist the Ich parasite and the parasite doesn't tolerate salt well.

B

Back
Top Bottom