Cyphastrea care...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
I can't find too much solid info online about this encrusting LPS... Any preference to flow and lighting? I read they like shaded areas, but then also read they like to be high in the tank under high lighting...

Right now it is about 80% to the surface under LED lighting, and has a good amount of flow hitting it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388343038.056555.jpg

I can't find too much solid info online about this encrusting LPS... Any preference to flow and lighting? I read they like shaded areas, but then also read they like to be high in the tank under high lighting...

Right now it is about 80% to the surface under LED lighting, and has a good amount of flow hitting it.

View attachment 214146

I keep mine up high under a kessil 150 with a good amount of flow and it grows like a weed. IMO the more light the better for these guys. Here's mineImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388344043.271729.jpg

Bribo, isn't yours Leptastrea? IMO, I wouldn't blast Cyphastrea with light. Start it low and work it up if you see it needs more.

Bribo, isn't yours Leptastrea? IMO, I wouldn't blast Cyphastrea with light. Start it low and work it up if you see it needs more.

Oh I've always thought it was cyphastrea japonica but I may be wrong.

Ahhhh the plot thickens lol... When you say low, Mr.X, it's a breeder tank so the whole tank is low. Should I find a shaded area to put it under?

Tao yes. Blues at 100%. Whites a little under 50%. Light is 9" off water surface.

I'll try that thanks. What signs should I look for to see if it's not happy? Dulling color?

Back
Top Bottom