damsel chasing clowns

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bubbymac

Aquarium Advice Regular
I picked up my ocellaris clowns (tr mated pair). well my blue and yellow tail damsel who has been in the tank for a couple of weeks keeps chasing them around. with this stop?

The damsel isn't actually hurting the clowns is it? You may need to get rid of the damsel if it doesn't stop soon. The lfs should give you a little store credit for it if you take it back.

In a tank that size there may just not be enough room for every one to play nice. All those fish are somewhat aggressive and like their own space. I don't think it will ever totally stop but things may settle down a little bit after a couple days. There will still probably be enough fighting to cause the clowns to get hurt though.

No they are not getting hurt, just kind of darting after them. I figure in a couple of days they will adjust to each other

It is possible that they will eventually leave each other alone. Clowns are damsels and they can be equally aggressive towards other fish. I would remove the damsels and keep the clowns.

Back
Top Bottom