damsels gone- now what?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMPD109

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well I get rid of the damsels that where terrifying my clowns. I plan to give the clowns some time to establish themselves.

Then what-

Would a royal gramma and two purple fire fish be too much for my set-up?

I definately want the RG. The firefish are great as well but I want a mated pair of them. My O. clowns are just now establishing themselves.

Any suggestions about this plan.

I'd think with the addition of a royal gramma you are starting to push the limits of a 28 gallon tank. Granted all of your fish are fairly small I tend to base my opinion on the 1" of fish/per 5 gallons rule.

I'd say pick which one you want more, the RG or the firefish. But not both.

JMO

thats what I thought just wanted to push the idea. I still thought two new additions would be ok just not all 3. I figured the 1in rule without the tails in the measurement.

Check out some small blennies or something thats only going to get 2" or so. Basically, hit the web and do some research. I goto liveaquaria.com all the time just to browse fish and get estimates on size and compatability. You might also find something else you like better. (Long as it will live in your tank..) I have a 29G and I plan on stocking with a pair of black or maroon clowns (Wish I could afford the Onyx clowns : ( ). I figured any more fish will probably put me over the edge, but if you think your tank will take it, knock yourself out..

Back
Top Bottom