Danio not active/moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RooRoo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, I have 6 zebra Danios in a 40 gal tank. Tank has been up a few months now. Water perameters are ok. There is slight ammonia, less than .25 but more than 0. Nitrites 0. Nitrates 10. Did a 35-40% wc yesterday.

I have on fish that for the last 3 days has been hovering below a plant and not eating. Today he is almost laying on the sand, barely moving. If you tap the glass he will swim them circles right back and lays there. He looks okay otherwise, kinda skinny, but no growths or anything.

The other fish are fine swimming around and appear happy. These are the original 6 fish from a fish in cycle started this spring. What should I do?

Now he swam into one of my caves and is lying on the ground. How do you know when Tp be humane and remove a find from his suffering?

I don't think this is that drastic. He's probably stressed for some reason. It could be the ammonia. Wait a little and see what happens. Also do a water change.

And don't tap on the glass that will stress him more haha

Couldn't find #6 this morning, tore the tank apart and found him inside one of the caves. He didn't make it through the night. So far the other 5 seem ok.....little stressed from me rummaging through the tank looking for #6, but hopefully will be all right.

Back
Top Bottom