Danios fry survival??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How many exactly do you have that you want to add to your 55 gal when they are the right size?

I have about 100 left from the 300 I started with. About twenty are at least 1/2"
long showing colors also. I have been feeding them first bites and supplement with crushed flakes. Today im trying smashed brine shrimp since no one in my area has baby brine shrimp. I really don't want any of them, but I have a few friends that would like some. I already have 6 in my 55 and adding for any long term would seriously over crowd my tank. So it would only be a temp time for them to be in my 55

If it were me I would wait until they are at least an inch, then just put two or three in your 55 to see if your other fish try anything funny. I know I'll be waiting a little longer than that I think, but I also have a big pig of an angelfish so I'm be extra careful

I just got back from LFS and bought two Cory's, one for each tank, a green and an albino. I also did a WC in both tanks and got a lot out of them. I am thinking of separating the large fry from the much smaller ones too.

vaquero said:
I just got back from LFS and bought two Cory's, one for each tank, a green and an albino. I also did a WC in both tanks and got a lot out of them. I am thinking of separating the large fry from the much smaller ones too.

For ten gallons I recommend getting two more since they shoal they'll be happier. I have 4 juliis in my 20l to clean up what the fry leave behind

3+ for each tank. They like to have a social group and generally people say 4-5 corys is best, but I had 3 juliis in a ten gallon and thought they were perfect. You can tell if your group is happy if you don't normally see one hanging out by itself, and if they're in a good group you should see them all foraging together and "playing"

Back
Top Bottom