danios with orandas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
they are compatible.

However, White Cloud Mountain Minnows are much preferred, since they do better in cooler temperatures like goldfish.

Also, danios are very fast fish and will eat all the food before the slower orandas take it.

I'd recommend white clouds. I've kept them with fancy goldfish before with no problems.

Bubble_B0y said:
they are compatible.

However, White Cloud Mountain Minnows are much preferred, since they do better in cooler temperatures like goldfish.

Also, danios are very fast fish and will eat all the food before the slower orandas take it.

I'd recommend white clouds. I've kept them with fancy goldfish before with no problems.

I have to move them be ause i heard a 20 gallon tall is not big enough for danios. But thr thing is that my goldfish ttank is only 29 gallons so it would overstock. Im not sure if i can return them to petsmart.

danios have a low bioload. It should be fine.

What is your stock in the 29 gallon tank?
2 orandas + 6 danios?

Also, Keep the temperature between 18-22°C (68-72F)

Bubble_B0y said:
danios have a low bioload. It should be fine.

What is your stock in the 29 gallon tank?
2 orandas + 6 danios?

Also, Keep the temperature between 18-22°C (68-72F)

Yes thats about it. But the thing is the temp wont go down its at about 78 degrees. How can i get it down?

Don't worry about it. Both are fine at that temp.

Goldfish are not cool water fish. They are fine in a very wide temp range. Fancy goldfish are not as tolerant, but 78 is definitely within their ideal range.

Many danios are compatible. Instead of going by hobby info, much of which is misinformation and regurgitation, go by fishbase.org. It is run and used by scientists so the info is much more accurate.

I have zebra danios with my fancy goldfish (this includes all color morphs: leopard, blue, gold, all longfin varieties, and glofish).

Many other fish are compatible with fancy goldfish including platies, bristlenose plecos, and many more.

I have to move them be ause i heard a 20 gallon tall is not big enough for danios. But thr thing is that my goldfish ttank is only 29 gallons so it would overstock. Im not sure if i can return them to petsmart.

I believe Petsmart has a 2 week return policy.

Fishguy2727 said:
Don't worry about it. Both are fine at that temp.

Goldfish are not cool water fish. They are fine in a very wide temp range. Fancy goldfish are not as tolerant, but 78 is definitely within their ideal range.

Many danios are compatible. Instead of going by hobby info, much of which is misinformation and regurgitation, go by fishbase.org. It is run and used by scientists so the info is much more accurate.

I have zebra danios with my fancy goldfish (this includes all color morphs: leopard, blue, gold, all longfin varieties, and glofish).

Many other fish are compatible with fancy goldfish including platies, bristlenose plecos, and many more.

Ill try is for now. If theydo start nipping then ill return them.

Back
Top Bottom