darting Betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
as im in the office most of the time im constantly checking on him and watching him and his fins are already growing back... first thing i do in the morning when i get up is come in here and check on him and the last thing i do at night is check on him and even sometimes in the night when i wake up i check on him... hes more like my son than "just a fish" :) i know the lack of knowledge on my part at first was a bad thing but im learning and im not giving up on taking care of him and doing as much as i can... other than the fin rot issue hes healthy... when i notice something out of the ordinary the first thing i do is a water change but i dont know when i should do complete water changes because that could mess up his tank cycling...

dancersmama79 said:
as im in the office most of the time im constantly checking on him and watching him and his fins are already growing back... first thing i do in the morning when i get up is come in here and check on him and the last thing i do at night is check on him and even sometimes in the night when i wake up i check on him... hes more like my son than "just a fish" :) i know the lack of knowledge on my part at first was a bad thing but im learning and im not giving up on taking care of him and doing as much as i can... other than the fin rot issue hes healthy... when i notice something out of the ordinary the first thing i do is a water change but i dont know when i should do complete water changes because that could mess up his tank cycling...

My weekly PWC is generally 80%... If I do it twice a week, which I have lately, I do 50%.
I have 4 tanks so it's usually 50% in most with exception of a couple...
Depends on the week and where my levels are at..

when i first got Dancer i asked several questions at petsmart esp as to what may have cause the death of my previous bettas a few yrs before... i was told i didnt need a filter or anything just change his water but put him in a cup with his previous tank water and put that water in his new water to keep the good bacteria going... and vary his diet.... when i came home i did alot of research online on several betta sites and doing google searches or bing searches and i found this site and did alot of reading and really found out what is all involved in taking care of a betta.... Like any fish they need a filter and a heater but i found out their pref. temp and conditions and i was told in the store a one gal tank was big enough when it clearly isnt the comfortable environment for a betta even tho they are fairly small... i didnt know anything about testing kits or parameters i thought that was for professionals not pets.... but all fish need the same quality of care no matter how big or small whether a betta or a mascot... i didnt even know what the fish diseases were and that they could be treated i thought u just let them die and that was that. I think anyone including myself who is thinking about getting a new pet fish or dog or whatever should research it out get all the information then decide whether its something u want to take on. i thought by going to petsmart and asking questions that would be enough but obviously it wasnt... theres alot more to it that buying a fish and putting it in a bowl and watching it swim...

dancersmama79 said:
when i first got Dancer i asked several questions at petsmart esp as to what may have cause the death of my previous bettas a few yrs before... i was told i didnt need a filter or anything just change his water but put him in a cup with his previous tank water and put that water in his new water to keep the good bacteria going... and vary his diet.... when i came home i did alot of research online on several betta sites and doing google searches or bing searches and i found this site and did alot of reading and really found out what is all involved in taking care of a betta.... Like any fish they need a filter and a heater but i found out their pref. temp and conditions and i was told in the store a one gal tank was big enough when it clearly isnt the comfortable environment for a betta even tho they are fairly small... i didnt know anything about testing kits or parameters i thought that was for professionals not pets.... but all fish need the same quality of care no matter how big or small whether a betta or a mascot... i didnt even know what the fish diseases were and that they could be treated i thought u just let them die and that was that. I think anyone including myself who is thinking about getting a new pet fish or dog or whatever should research it out get all the information then decide whether its something u want to take on. i thought by going to petsmart and asking questions that would be enough but obviously it wasnt... theres alot more to it that buying a fish and putting it in a bowl and watching it swim...

Love your Lightbulb moment!! :)
I had to euthanize a betta tonight because of someones neglect and fish care ignorance & refusal to learn. It's so sad for the unfortunate ones but a healthy happy fish starts with ONE person's education :)

Back
Top Bottom