Dead betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deepblue02

Aquarium Advice Regular
A few minutes ago I found my male betta fish dead in the corner of the tank, he has been pretty much normal and swimming about for as long as i've had him, what would cause this sudden death, any ideas?

Sorry it took me a while to reply, i think that it would be coming up to around about 2 years

Sadly, that is about average for most pet store Bettas. Some live longer, but two years or so is pretty common. Sorry for your loss, I know it's a bummer.

If you plan to get another, you may be able to get much higher quality by buying from a breeder. The fish will be younger, for one thing, and if you take excellent care of it, they may live 3 or more years. A friend of mine just lost one that was 5 years old, her prize winning show Betta. She imports them from Thailand periodically, shows them, then sells most of them. They are always gorgeous fish. But there are some breeders in the States, you can find them online or perhaps on Betta forums.

Back
Top Bottom