dead corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghettorigged

Aquarium Advice Regular
ok, I got 5 corys back in Feb. Within the last 3 weeks I lost all of them.

What happened?
well, they turned a little pale (one i thought was even a little greenish), stopped swimming around like the clowning fools they used to be, and died one by one. The last 2 I euthanized after seeing them laying on their backs and drifting in the tank current.

Prior to dying: I lost the first two corys and came to this site for help.
Some one suggested that I feed them more and use a tube so they get the food. Did that but they didn't seem to change at all. Bought Tubifex and frozen Bloodworms for them. Someone said to test the pH and make sure it is stable. Did that and it was stable at 7.2. I still lost the remaining 3 corys. :(

what concerns do I need to have for the remaining fish? Can I (or should I) put more corys in the tank?

thanks in advance for your help.

What are your ammonia and nitrite readings? What is the pH of your water supply? Are you using any type of water conditioner? Are there other fish in the same tank?
Logan J

My ammonia and nitrites have been at 0 since February (unless the test drops are giving bogus readings). The pH is stable at 7.2. I add absolutely NO conditioner to my water, but I do filter with peat fiber. I do add liquid plant food a few times per week, but I don't think that is an issue.

There are 9 neons, 5 flames, 5 bloodfins, 4 ottos, and 2 small angels in the tank. There WERE 5 corys as well. There were not all added in one day, but over a process of about 8 weeks. The corys were first in the tank. It is very sad to now look at the tank and not see them.

PLEASE HELP!!

How do you rid your water of chlorine since you don't condition it? do you just let water stand for 48 hours? or? just want to make sure you didnt forget about that deadly chlorine.

Back
Top Bottom