Dead fish came back to life?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Monkeyrazzar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hen I woke up this morning I noticed that one of my neon tetras was laying on it's side not breathing or moving at all, I went to find my net but when I came back the body was gone. Confused I looked around the tank and I noticed all five of my tetras were swimming around happily. The fish had been laying on it's side and looked like it was defiantly dead. Has this happens to anyone else?

Thanks, Sean

Yeah it's happened to one of my serpae tetras. Sadly it died the next day. What are your water parameters and what are the tank mates and tank size.

Yeah one of my mollies was dead so I put him on the loo to be flushed and he started swimming around again so I fished him out gave a rinse in a cup of tank water and he is swimming around now but I think I may need to euthanise him as he doesn't seem right :(

It's been a few days now and he's fine, I don't even know what one it was that 'died'. Anyway thanks for your reply and sorry for your loss. I had 3 neons die a little while back and I got a new one so now I have 5. And you don't happen to know about neon tetra breeding/pregnant behavior do you?

Yup! happened to me and my betta. He'd been really sick for a day with clamped fins and fungus (he went from completely healthy and brilliantly colored to really sick in a few days, it was crazy and i still dont know what happened!) I thought he was dead since was on the floor on his side. Only when i tried to net him did he make this weak effort to swim and it actually scared the s**t outta me. changed his water often, and luckily, i was able to find time to get him meds (it was finals week at the time) and he made a full recovery! tough little guy.

My tetra wasn't sick at all at the time(at least not that I can tell) he was and still is fine. Thank you for your reply.

Sean,

Is it possible it was sleeping? Fish lose a lot of their color when they sleep and can sometimes bounce around things as they get pushed around the tank. It can look like they are dead but in reality they are just sleeping.

I freaked out when I first got a clown loach that it was on its side and dying but I found out they sleep on their sides. Silly fish.

Back
Top Bottom