Dead glofish and nitrites showing

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littleboo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I came home from work and one of my glofish was dead. They were all fine this morning when I fed them. I checked my water and it's showing my nitrites to be at .25 as well as my ammonia. My nitrates are at 10 and my pH is at 7.6. I've had the tank established for over 2 months and all of my other fish seem to be doing fine. All of my past tests my levels have been good (no ammo or nitrites low nitrates and stable pH) I test everyday. I also did a pwc last night. Any thoughts on why I'm showing nitrites and ammo and why the fish may have died?

Have you recently added any fish? Or done anything to the tank that could have damaged your bio-filter? Accidentally overfed?

I added 5 new fish last Sunday ( 3 danios and 3 Cory cats) as well as some water wisteria. Other than that no

It is possible that the new additions brought some type of disease. More likely the filter was still trying to catch up to the new bioload and that particular fish was just to weak to handle the mini cycle. Make sure to do a 50% water change and watch your parameters. Also watch for any other signs of disease.

Back
Top Bottom