Dec-Jan: Lets hear about those bargains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yepper's, B&B it is. I like B&B also but only for their livestock and sale items, otherwise they are way overpriced. I shop for "need" to have's at Petsmart and Pet Supplies Plus, but would rather order monthly/bi-monthly from Big Al's online.

I was looking at profiles the other day and saw you were from Mobile, just never got around to saying hi personally. "HI!"

All Alabama is here..lol..LAGlocker ..I live in Loxley right across the bay from you.. wow it is a small world.. I save up to go to P.S. I drool the whole time..lol.. Just can't seem to get the background I want..
I'm a dog artist and the best place to leave cards...They go fast there.
The crew is really nice also..
Do you ever go to the Coffee Loft in Fairhope ..There are some of my paintings there...and opening the middle of this year my own gallery in Loxley.

I dont get to stop out that way much, do stop at pet station when I pass through there during the week, love some of their fish, but cant afford their prices. And your right Chile, B and B is overpriced on much of their hardware, even though I did get a CF there for a great price, especially when they upgraded it for free after it messed up on me.

i bought a new 125 gallon acrylic tank with stand, about 50 lbs of gravel, fake plants, fake rock things, and a thermometer for $100 today! i plan to resell the plants and gravel and set up the tank in a few months! i recommend everyone tap into their local craigslist community if you haven't already!

www.craigslist.org !

Anyone in the Orange County, CA area can go to PetTown Tropical Fish in El Toro on May 15 & 16th.

They are having a sale upto 40% on all supplies and equipment in the store, and 20% off all live fish.

They are also supposed to have manufacturer represenatives there and free give aways including trial products and T-shirts.

hey jaysono is it this PET TOWN?

PET TOWN 23720 EL TORO RD EL TORO CA 92630 949 586-6430

i checked on mapquest and i live about 25-30 minutes away from there and i was thinking about heading down there next weekend. i'm currently looking for maybe a 29 gallon tank, do you know anything about their selection or if their tanks are going to be marked down as well?

thanks

To be honest, I'd give them a call. I've only been there threee previous times, and it was to look at the fish themselves.

They do have tanks, but I only remember traditional glass rectangular tanks, none of the pre-packaged kit tanks, nor do I remember deeing any bow-glass tanks either. I do seem to recall all sizes, and some fairly large ones, and the flier that they have been handing out said sale on everything, so I imagine that is tanks as well.

I will be down there early, most likely around 10am. I live in Rancho Santa Margarita. Where do you hail from? If you go early I'll introduce myself...

I'm very excited about gettings ome new fish this weekend.

i'm gonna be comin' from Garden Grove.. so it'll be about a 30 minute drive. most likely i'll be going as soon as it opens on saturday to get the best deals. if ya see a tall asian guy.. that's me. :D

btw - is that place big? i'm expecting too much maybe, and how's their fish selection?

thanks

It's not overly big. I think there live selection is pretty good. It's about 60% marine, 40% fresh water, and I know they are very healthy specimens. They also have quite a few plant tanks. Not too much on novelty decorations, but a lot of natural woods/rocks/gravels/sands. Quite a few galss tanks that I remember.

Yeah Garden Grove isn't too far away. I'm getting there early too...I want the best selection of live fish.

Good luck and safe drive. C-ya there! :wink:

i'll be stopping by a garage sale first along the way.. i saw an ad in the local pennysaver and so i'm tryin' to pick up a complete 55g setup w/ wrought iron stand for 150 bucks!

anyway, thanks jaysono for sharing this! i love bargains!!

so excited, cya there. :D

Well, i'm not sure if it's a really really good bargain, but i just bought 5 keyhole cichlids for 3$ each....Another lfs really close by sold them for 12$ each! can you imagine the price difference? 8O I for one was shocked when i walked into the expensive store......WAY too expensive for my liking. I won't be going there any time soon. Plus, their livestock is all in all glass aquaria with no substrate of plants....the cheaper lfs has substrate in all tanks+plants and seperate heating and filtration systems for each tank!

I got 60 ft of 5/8 inside diameter clear hose for my DIY python for $0.03. And it wasn't even online, actually at a store. It should have been around $10-15.

I was stocking a 90 gal cichlid tank and called around for prices on C. moorii's. Most LFS's had them for 5.99, one for 7.99. I found them for 3.99. Good specimens too. Between 30 and 60 dollars savings for the 15 fish I bought. :mrgreen:

Last night I went shopping on Amazon.com, they have massive aquarium products, over 800, and got some major deals on new and used products equipment... tons for under 5 bucks. Go there and do a search for "aquarium" and list prices low to high.

got a magnum 350 DLX for $10 today :D

In short it was returned to the store I work at because it was missing the gasket set. After being written off it was to be thrown away......my manager told me as long as it disapeared she didn't care. So a quick call to marine land and $10 later i have a functional filter.

sorry guys, i live in sydney, so units will be a lil different.

i bought a 4ft (180L) tank, a 2.5ft mini reef filter, LOADS of gravel, and a ton of rocks for only AUS$50. that was definitelty a bargain. i checkd out the mini reef in the shops, and it was AU$500 brand new.

Back
Top Bottom