Deceased Otto...???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodie_jo

Aquarium Advice Regular
I woke this morning to find one of my otto's had died. Didnt seem anything was wrong with it before hand. Had recently put some cucumber in the tank and they (I have 2) had quite happily been nibbling on that. When i realised he was dead, i took it out and he had a pale green tummy (or underneath area) is this the cause of death or a result? Cant understand whats gone wrong???

I have a 65ltr tank with another otto, 1 male and 1 female gouramis, 2 congo tetra's and some neons and head and tail tetras. Did a 25% water change 3 days ago, levels are fine.

Thanks for your help.

How old where the ottos? How long have you had them? They can be very sensative i have never had much luck with them.

the one that died i'd had for about 2 months the other i have had for 5 months or so....

Otos are sensitive and I have lost them for no apparant reason. Have you checked your water parameters? Done a water change recently? My otos seem to really get affected by water parameters.

The green might be from sliding on the skin of the cucumber. I'm not personally familiar with any diseases that cause green. Perhaps someone else will shed some light on that.

Back
Top Bottom