decideded on my stocking list for my 58 gallon reef.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ilostnemo

Aquarium Advice Addict
so with the help of thomnil (thanks :)) ive decideded on my stocking list for my 58 gallon reef. 2 true perc clowns. 2 ora green or red mandarins 1 yellow watchman goby, 3 chalk bass, and 3 orange lined cardinals :)
what you all think?

I dont know but I think 11 fish in a 58 might be too much. I also would only do one mandarin in that size tank. Just my observation.

i would take my time and add one or two fish every so often. you will be surprised how many times your mind will change about this stock list.
will you keep any inverts?

well adding was going to take place over a year. this will be a reef and yes ill have inverts. and the chalk bass and cardinals have small bioloads. and they will be the ora raised mandrans on brine ect..

Still seems like alot of fish. Not impossible but you might want to look at your skimmer. make sure it is too big for your tank (double?) it all depends on how much work you want to do. none of the fish you are going to stoce require alot of room (my mated pair of clowns never leave a 4x4 space at the bottom of the tank) it just may require more maintence. I would go with only one ORA mandrin though.

Still seems like alot of fish. Not impossible but you might want to look at your skimmer. make sure it is too big for your tank (double?) it all depends on how much work you want to do. none of the fish you are going to stoce require alot of room (my mated pair of clowns never leave a 4x4 space at the bottom of the tank) it just may require more maintence. I would go with only one ORA mandrin though.
the skimmer i am going to run is used on a 200 gallon tank at work. so thats almost 4 times. and no they are all smaller fish and have smaller bioloads its not like im dropping lionfish puffers etc. in there. and im going to go with 2 mandrans though one male one female. thom helped me decide this and he has mandrans.

now i will look at maybe making it one clown and one mandran though

I think you would be ok with a mated pair of clowns. I am going to start recomending Orange Diamond Goby's to everyone (with some sort of cover on their tank;)) Mine has the most persoonality of anything I have and he eats ANYTHING. He decides how you sand bed is going to look on a day to day basis. mine found all the leftover crushed coral I had from when I changed to sand and made a nice little pile for me.

I think you would be ok with a mated pair of clowns. I am going to start recomending Orange Diamond Goby's to everyone (with some sort of cover on their tank;)) Mine has the most persoonality of anything I have and he eats ANYTHING. He decides how you sand bed is going to look on a day to day basis. mine found all the leftover crushed coral I had from when I changed to sand and made a nice little pile for me.

What a nice fish haha. My auratus did the same thing to my crushed coral when I had him. He decided he would dig a tunnel underneath every piece of rockwork in the tank and piled up all the odd shaped bits right outside his burrows.

Anyways, I definately suggest less mandarins, especially for a new tank. Also you'll be find with a mated pair of percs. I've seen them in 20gs let alone 58.

well the mandrans was going to be second and last. so in between the two itll be around 6 months. would that be better?

Back
Top Bottom