Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Idea is to throw out the java fern on other side eventually if the bolbitis keeps spreading and doing well. Will see - something different anyways.

Ah, the serenity of a planted tank, the plants, the fish .... the potted pla... hang on a sec...

9389ce99b25384e4242f2037658cc51d.jpg

Replanted and so far staying put. The soil pellets aren’t great for holding plants down and still have a lot of air it seems. Added a plant weight to help.

Plant still staying there - no new growth yet but hoping it is doing something. I think the light timer is gone - have to check tonight.

New angelfish settled in well. Causing a bit of in-fighting amongst the original three I suspect. Guppy looks more relaxed.

Lost three leaves off the new plant overnight - still staying in pot so hoping it is just getting set for a second wind of growth.

Remembered to feed fish last night and no more leaves floating around today :)

Fish are doing well. Stocking now at 4 angelfish, 2 guppies, 4 loaches, 6 catfish all up and three rams. And a lost tribe of ninja shrimp. Bottom area a bit busy, top area not so much but the angelfish always take an interest. So feels lightly stocked but has been doing pretty well.

Sounds good for stock. Hatchet fish maybe?

Those are picky plants, or it got rolled on. Maybe some "cages" - do your stores use these or the shorter ones/ berry baskets for berries?
ttps://www.ebay.com/p/48-Pack-of-4-Inch-Plastic-Berry-Baskets-Boxes-With-Open-weave-Pattern-Pint-Size/1875137839?iid=273161802678&chn=ps

The link is a listing which indicates the M. Lace is high light - oddly I read a few descriptions from various sellers last week wrongly saying it was low to med.

From all the people I know have grown it it does like higher light. It is quite a strikingly attractive plant! I have always admired it (from afar, lol).

Yeah, tempting - probably won’t get it but tempting. The bolbitis badly needs a prune as well. Totally lost the anubias in there.

So kids have been sick and haven’t made it to the shops. But the new plant looks to be putting out a new leaf so fingers crossed. Really thinking of tossing the remaining java fern. Let the bolbitis fern take over the tank.

One of the fish did a runner on the weekend and cleared out of the tank. Luckily was passing by and after a hunt around managed to get it back in the tank. Seems to be doing fine from the 6ft drop!

The grass is always greener on the other side ! That doesn't sound fishy enough....:whistle:
The water always looks cleaner on the other side ?
What do some fish think ? :nono:

Back
Top Bottom