Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The timers are something I keep intending to add to the tanks but still haven't done it yet. Probably when I get the boxes out of the family / tank room and get it back in order again.

Hoping all the fish stay in good condition and get along.

The timers are pretty useful for me for lights and CO2. Bad when they play up as I get lights on but no CO2...

One of the blockheads looks to have some tattered scales down one flank - seems clean, might be from seller catching. Hoping it heals ok.

Sadly put that blockhead down. Looking much worse. Not eating and big patch of scales lost / gone white with red developing around it. Rather not risk rest of tank.

Fingers crossed! Yeah, I suspect it was from rough capture but geez, went downhill fast. Hard to tell with fish I guess. Hoping a one-off as well. All the rest look ok. The betta is building up his muscles and starting to get out more.

I have been watching my new Betta too, and seems the little guy is getting stronger. He will swim in the current now when before he would get blown through it and down to the end and then bottom of the tank. (Only 5G so it was a fast trip!)

Nice!

I’m afraid it is 2:1 score between angelfish and betta. I need to let the plants grow out more as one of the angelfish is reminding him who is boss. The guppies of course are swimming merrily around.

Yes, did bid on some more at auction but bailed out. Might check out the shops as look pretty low bioload. Definitely not getting anything else that likes lower down - far too busy.

Although I notice the guppies manage to stay away from the angelfish thinking of pairing up - they’ve cottoned on there.

I’ll have to look more closely at the betta finage - he’s definitely getting move along notice but not seeing much damage.

Last edited:
Hmmm, the GSA is still hanging around and also getting green algae on glass from the vertical blinds letting in light onto one corner of tank.

Bulbs are over 8 months old now but can’t see the point of replacing even if spectrum shift does happen as I know the new bulbs will be stronger and trigger algae.

Thinking of adding some floating plants which would help the betta out as well. Maybe in a cutout lid plastic circle so they don’t get banged around by water flow.

Random thoughts - along with not trusting hoses to stay in tank when filling, watching the angelfish squabble when tank is filling near top can be crossed off bucket list...

Yeah, many random thoughts in the hobby.

Glad you got a notch in the bucket list, rofl!

My big one was spraying canister filter water by the gallon on the floor- done! (y)

Well lost the betta sadly - not enough cover and didn't learn about not picking fights with the angelfish. I didn't feed one night and they must of been a bit cranky. I can't think of any of the other fish that could do it and he has vanished for a few nights now.

Glued the CO2 diffuser together and seems to be holding well. Darn near glued me to the fish tank as well.

Thinking of swapping out some bulbs or just cutting back. The bolbitis is taking off again over the tank. Thinking of swapping to all pink bulbs. Still have LEDs in front to whiten up the look.

Nice thought, good to get:

Happy Birthday Delapool,

We hope that you are having an excellent Birthday full of fun, friends and fabulous gifts. May your tanks be sparkling, your fish lively and alert and may all your awesome aquarium aspirations come true. Happy Birthday from your friends at Aquarium Advice.com!

Sorry to read about your Betta. Hope you go and try again, it is your birthday shopping opportunity.

Back
Top Bottom