Delapool's 150 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Reckon! Yeah - the water leak did a lot of damage somehow so tanks banished to garage, etc. Tank was only about 10 years old as well I think. Because mine is tall it’s about an equivalent 5ft tank so made me think!

Now if IKEA would make a fish tank flat pack that would fit in hatchbacks then life would be complete :)

Scored about $100 of free fish and grabbed the plants I wanted on the way back. Pretty happy for an hours drive. Ended up with neons, kribs, cories, apple snails and something else. Poor bloke had a cracked 6ft tank.
I want kribs! No place for them right now tho. Or maybe I want apistos. I forget. Lol. Wonder what caused his fairly new tank to crack? Bad stand maybe?

Reckon! Yeah - the water leak did a lot of damage somehow so tanks banished to garage, etc. Tank was only about 10 years old as well I think. Because mine is tall it’s about an equivalent 5ft tank so made me think!

Now if IKEA would make a fish tank flat pack that would fit in hatchbacks then life would be complete :)
Haha! Like an ant farm!

I want kribs! No place for them right now tho. Or maybe I want apistos. I forget. Lol. Wonder what caused his fairly new tank to crack? Bad stand maybe?

I think ot was Apistos.

That is scary. Now I am even more scared in thinking about this topic. Was mentioning to the guy I just got some fish from if he hears of a 5 or 6 foot bowfront to let me know. He mentioned how you almost never see big bowfronts because they pop a leak in the bow area. :/

Comments on failure I have heard most is broken braces (but how?), and because of not level tanks causing too much pressure like a bit of twist on seams.

I think ot was Apistos.

That is scary. Now I am even more scared in thinking about this topic. Was mentioning to the guy I just got some fish from if he hears of a 5 or 6 foot bowfront to let me know. He mentioned how you almost never see big bowfronts because they pop a leak in the bow area. :/

Comments on failure I have heard most is broken braces (but how?), and because of not level tanks causing too much pressure like a bit of twist on seams.
Yeah, I wonder that when I see reviews. How much is user fault. I have an old Perfecto 100g bow front, no issues. And it's prob over 20 yrs old

This one might of been just something went wrong in build. Idk. He said he could see it start to happen at tank bottom (right in middle at glass edge), asked the guy and everyone thought just a bit of extra silicon coming loose - but got worse from there.

Still extra unlucky with his wood flooring as most tanks here would be on tiles in newer houses I think up against double brick walls / plaster so mostly thinking it would be replace some plaster.

“Yeah, I wonder that when I see reviews. How much is user fault. I have an old Perfecto 100g bow front, no issues. And it's prob over 20 yrs old”

Great to hear.

This one might of been just something went wrong in build. Idk. He said he could see it start to happen at tank bottom (right in middle at glass edge), asked the guy and everyone thought just a bit of extra silicon coming loose - but got worse from there.

Still extra unlucky with his wood flooring as most tanks here would be on tiles in newer houses I think up against double brick walls / plaster so mostly thinking it would be replace some plaster.
Yeah, that does stink for him. Horrible way to end your aquarium life

Just completed a tank re-scape. Yet again the thought of two hours turned into four hours and plants jammed in. [emoji4]

Tossed the bolbitis and Java fern.

Found at least one aponogeton growing hidden so shifted that.

Think it will take a few months to grow in. Will have a look tomorrow to see what I did haha.

Last edited:
b7d6174a77b2a5505e05fc165d1ed03b.jpg

Bucket of Anubias pulled out of tank for trim. I guess brace is about a foot wide and two feet deep for an idea on size.

True, true - I forgot that I have to fill and drain once to clear the water. Still a bit murky but a bit weird to be able to see the driftwood (or the back of tank :) ).

Swap mart Sunday so planning to sell the Java fern and some Anubias.

Tiger barbs - whoop, all this extra room and I can see my barb mates whoot

2 seconds later - squabble, squabble, squabble ...

Couple of tank photos below after tank clean out. Cleared up more today although filter intakes need a clean. Bought some driftwood (and sold some driftwood at swap mart as you do) so planning to add that on weekend and just let it all hopefully settle in. Feels a bit weird looking at gravel :)

1630b3926b1564627b758402b0e10639.jpg

db101fc4b2dc37332b97c9ad03918512.jpg

Not too disappointed with the planting out given I was completely over it at 12.30pm. Expect it will grow in to its usual jungle eventually.

Sold all the Anubias and Java Fern I took to swap mart. Bought some stuff, food, raffle, table cost, etc but actually made a small profit. Which was probably more as we cancelled a bit early for a COVID case lockdown as I was sitting there with a 4ft fluval plant light calling to me :)

Back
Top Bottom