delving into the saltwater world

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neocamden

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Greetings all. My wife and I are going to be setting up a 24 gal salt water tank next weekend. We already have the necesssary items ordered for the hardware, living rock, sand, salt, etc. What I am looking for are recommendations for starter fish. Our Supplier has suggested the clown fish as they are the easiest to start with. We know there is alot to it and want to do it the right way.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. My stepdaughter who is married and has a 7 year old son is into the fresh water world of tanks, and she turned us onto Vances Tropical fish in Bucksport Maine, so there is some experience in the house, and an excellent source where we are getting our supplies. But suggestions are always welcome, and where I will be home all summer for 2 hip surgeries I am looking to branch out too in the forum world. Oh yes we live in Camden Maine.
user_online.gif
progress.gif

I think clown would be a good option for that size tank. Rember to cycle the tank first before you put the fish in.

What kind of SW tank will this be. Reef or FOWLR ? It will be much easier if you plan out what type tank you want. You can always start out FOWLR first and then progress to a reef. BTW welcome to AA

Dito what Mike said. Do you have a detailed list of all the equipment (including lighting) you are getting? If so, please post it. Are you getting a sump too? A wet/dry filter?
How much Live Rock and live sand will you be adding?
Is the LR fully cured?

I know, lots of questions which you may or may not know the answer to. The answers will help us help you get set up properly from day one so your fish will have a good home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom