dempsey and blood parrot don't seem to be eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Oscar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi I have a 55 gallon tank and it contains 2 dempseys 2 fire mouths 1 blood parrot and 1 pleco my bp and 1 jd don't seem to be eating do they eat at night or something

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110822_040431.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110822_040431.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 95
  • ForumRunner_20110822_040606.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110822_040606.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 76
  • ForumRunner_20110822_040650.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110822_040650.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 82
Bp's are notoriously shy at first. I have 3 and when they where introduced into my tank they hid for a couple of months. I put sinking cichlid pellets in for them when the lights went of at night.
Now they are first over to the glass begging for food, they even crowd to the corner of the glass when I sit on the chair nearest the tank.
They seem to recognise faces, they cone to the glass for my son,and myself but when they see my daughter they hide lol.

I sure hope you don't have a blood bath in there. Your bp is very docile while your othersh are aggressive. My buddy had a similar setup and now only has one jack left. It maybe that those fish that are not eating are scared. If they stay hidden then you can try to target feed them with a turkey baster. If you notice a dominant fish in there that won't let the others swim then you might want to consider removing the aggressive one. I have removed three fish from my mixed african tank. It's going on 2 years now all are grown and all get along.

Your blood parrot needs to be rehomed ASAP. He cannot defend himself against your more aggressive fish and is not a suitable fish for that tank.

What kind of pleco do you have? It could be that that species is also a bad choice.

Back
Top Bottom