Dented brain coral question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I found a beautiful dented brain coral but I had a couple of questions. Mainly, does this coral have to be in the sand or can I place it on some lr?

Anything else you might wish to add would be appreciated. I'm not able to find a lot of info on this coral.

TIA!

Is it a fleshy brain or a hard brain? :)

If fleshy, sand would be best for it. If it's a hard coral, you can place it on the rocks.

What do you mean by dented?

Is it a fleshy brain or a hard brain? :)

If fleshy, sand would be best for it. If it's a hard coral, you can place it on the rocks.

What do you mean by dented?

Well, it's been said that I am 'hard-headed' therefore I can assume that I have a hard brain? nyuk nyuk nyuk :lach:
It's referred to as Brain Coral Dented (Lobophyllia hemprichii)

I am specifically looking for a nice acan and came across this (in addition to the acan of course!)

Ah, a Lobo! Never heard it called a dented brain before. hehe

I have one placed in the rockwork right now and it's fine. They don't need much light though, so I would guess sandbed or low level rock work would be ideal for it.

HTH :)

Do you think I could get away with a very small blob of putty to anchor it to some lr? I have a great place for it but my packrats (tuxedo urchins) have a tendency to rearrange things.

Back
Top Bottom