Depressed betta fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shorty13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My blue, male betta fish has been acting like he has new tank syndrome or something... He has been in the same tank since April or May. He has been sitting between the live plants and the wall, and when I turn on his light in the morning I think that he is dead, because his fins aren't moving. Then, 10 minutes later he is swimming around a little!

Is your tank heated? What size tank?
How often do you change the water? What are your water parameters?

My tank is heated, he lives in a 10 gallon, I do not know the water parameters, and I have not checked them today. The only other tank inhabitant is a large mystery snail. The snail does produce a lot of waste though...

My tank is heated, he lives in a 10 gallon, I do not know the water parameters, and I have not checked them today. The only other tank inhabitant is a large mystery snail. The snail does produce a lot of waste though...

you didn't answer her 3rd question. how often and how much water do you change?

Try getting him a couple tank mates, or divide the tank and put either another male or female on the other side. That should help unless it's a water quality issue

@ aquandrew: I change the water about once a month, and it is about a 32 percent water change

@ aquandrew: I change the water about once a month, and it is about a 32 percent water change

Definitely not enough. I'm 90% sure that is the problem.
What size tank?
You should change 25-50% of the water weekly IMO if you want to see a happy and healthy betta.

And testing with an API liquid test kit.
Hope he s feeling better soon....we all want healthy fish, we re here to help.

Back
Top Bottom